The Finals Round for NYCSEF 2017 will be held on Tuesday, March 28th at The American Museum of Natural History in the Milstein Hall of Ocean Life. Projects scoring in the top 20%-25% of their categories at the Preliminary Round will advance to compete in the Finals Round where they will be judged by experts in the 14 science and engineering fields.
Approximately 20 students will be selected to advance and represent New York City in May at the 2017 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Los Angeles, CA. ISEF finalists will receive an all expenses paid trip to Los Angeles, CA and compete for over $4,000,000 in scholarships and awards. Please click on ISEF grand and special awards for information regarding what ISEF finalists can potentially win.
Visit Finals Round Schedule for tentative information about the day’s event.
School groups interested in attending the Finals Round must make arrangements through the museum. Please call 212-769-5100. For information regarding last years students and results, please visit our Archive page.
Upcoming Dates & Deadlines
- 14Dec2016 NYCSEF Project Application Due Date
- 05Mar2017 NYCSEF Preliminary Round @ The City College of New York
- 28Mar2017 NYCSEF Finals Round @ The American Museum of Natural History (Tent.)
- 31Mar2017 NYCSEF Awards Ceremony @ The Tribeca Performing Arts Center, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- 14May2017 International Science & Engineering Fair Week May, 14-19 in Los Angeles, CA