The New York City Science & Engineering Fair is an affiliate of the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair (ISEF). As an affiliate, NYCSEF abides by ISEF’s rules & guidelines and participates in its fair every year. NYCSEF sponsors a team of the top-rated projects to represent our region (NYC) at ISEF. NYCSEF determines which projects will compete at ISEF based on several criteria including judge scores collected at the preliminary and finals rounds, ISEF nominations derived from judge caucus at finals, and NYCSEF’s scientific review committee’s assessment. Students whose projects are chosen to compete at ISEF receive an all-expenses-paid trip to ISEF in May.
To learn more about Intel ISEF, please visit their website.
Please note: Students can only compete in one ISEF-affiliated fair. NYC students’ regional fair is NYCSEF, participating in any other ISEF-affiliated fair is prohibited.
Upcoming Dates & Deadlines
- 14Dec2016 NYCSEF Project Application Due Date
- 05Mar2017 NYCSEF Preliminary Round @ The City College of New York.
- 28Mar2017 NYCSEF Finals Round @ The American Museum of Natural History
- 31Mar2017 NYCSEF Awards Ceremony @ The Tribeca Performing Arts Center, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- 14May2017 International Science & Engineering Fair Week May, 14-19 in Los Angeles, CA