NYC ISEF Finalists
ISEF Finalists, Team NYC 2016
Back Row, L-R: Michael Truell, Joshua Gruenstein, Brandon Muncan, Benjamin Firester, Christopher Lee, Abdallah Mohamed, Jay Shenoy, Tatheer Adnan
Front Row, L-R: Kelly Young, Nancy Lu, Catherine Lai, Anusha Bishop, Yi Chen, Simone Braunstein, Raja Azhar, Urooj Ansari
Over 1700 high school scientists, innovators and mathematicians representing more than 75 countries regions and territories participated in this year’s Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Phoenix, Arizona from May 08 – 13, 2016. Team NYC – comprised of 16 NYC high school students chosen from this year’s NYCSEF competitions – proudly represented our city and received specialty awards from the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence, Google CS Connect Award, European Organization for Nuclear Research – CERN, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Office of US Naval Research, a scholarship from the University of the Sciences, Philadelphia. Five projects also received grand awards in their respective categories – one First Place Award and best in category, three Second Place Awards, one Third Place Award. A complete list of NYC Finalists and their awards are listed below.
Please visit Team NYC 2016, Intel ISEF for more information regarding results from Intel ISEF.
Upcoming Dates & Deadlines
- 14Dec2016 NYCSEF Project Application Due Date
- 05Mar2017 NYCSEF Preliminary Round @ The City College of New York
- 28Mar2017 NYCSEF Finals Round @ The American Museum of Natural History (Tent.)
- 31Mar2017 NYCSEF Awards Ceremony @ The Tribeca Performing Arts Center, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- 14May2017 International Science & Engineering Fair Week May, 14-19 in Los Angeles, CA