The 2017 NYCSEF Application closed at midnight on 12/14/16. Information related to this year’s application process is below.
NYCSEF Application and Rules and Guidelines should be reviewed prior to starting your application.
- To register, you will need to enter a working email address.
- You should be prepared to complete three sections of the application: Student Information, Project Information & Additional Information.
- Once you complete the first section, Part 1, you will be prompted to start Part 2 – go ahead and click to start that next section. You can suspend and resume your application immediately afterwards, once you are have started Part 2 (or Part 3). You must follow the link from Part 1 to Part 2 and then again from Part 2 to Part 3 for all sections of the application to be populated with your name and same project ID number.
- After completing each of the three sections, you will receive a confirmation email that you must print and send in as part of your application.
Upon starting your application, YOU WILL HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE IT, then your link to access your application will expire. If you’d like to set up a dummy account to view the system, please register your first name as “TEST” and then continue with the registration normally. You will have to start a new application using your real information when you are ready to apply and complete the application.
Ready to send your application? All submissions must include:
1. Print-outs of the confirmation emails from all 3 sections of the online registration (Student Info, Project Info & Additional Info).
2. All required forms: Signature Page, Forms 1, 1A and 1B plus all required supplemental forms (as applicable).
3. Two copies of your research paper (see page 4 in the Rules & Guidelines).
Mail all of the above to:
NYCSEF at 16 Court Street, 3rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11241 no later than 12/14/16. Applications postmarked after this date will not be accepted.
If you have questions, please contact our office by email at NYCSEF@cuny.edu or phone at 718-254-7252 (Monday through Fridays, 8:30AM to 4PM). Follow us @officialnycsef on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook for updates on application review and fair events.
Upcoming Dates & Deadlines
- 14Dec2016 NYCSEF Project Application Due Date
- 05Mar2017 NYCSEF Preliminary Round @ The City College of New York
- 28Mar2017 NYCSEF Finals Round @ The American Museum of Natural History (Tent.)
- 31Mar2017 NYCSEF Awards Ceremony @ The Tribeca Performing Arts Center, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- 14May2017 International Science & Engineering Fair Week May, 14-19 in Los Angeles, CA