The NYCSEF Online Registration System is OPEN! Click on project registration to begin.
REMINDER: You must save your personal link to your NYCSEF account. Via your NYCSEF 2016 link, you can access your online registration page. Be sure to complete all sections of the registration & application pages. Once you click I’m Finished you will not be able to return to your registration page. Print out your confirmation page including your application, registration and supplemental forms. Save originals for yourself and mail a copy to the NYCSEF office.
The deadline to apply for NYCSEF 2016 is December 16, 2015. All applications must be postmarked by that date and online registration will close at 5PM.
1. Click I’m Finished only when you are 100% finished.
2. After you finish registration, print your confirmation page including your application, registration and supplemental forms (as needed).
3. Make a copy of all NYCSEF documents and any supporting documents you have to include in your application.
a. Examples of required forms: Signature Page, Student Information, Research Plan, Abstract, and Forms 1, 1A and 1B.
b. Examples of supplemental forms include Forms 1C, 2, 3, 4, 5A, 5B, 6A, 6B & 7.
c. Examples of supporting documents include sample surveys, IACUC approval letters, letters from mentors, etc.
1. Only team leaders (Student #1) apply on-line for the group.
2. Each team members (Student #1, Student # 2, and Student #3) must submit a completed and signed Signature Page and Approval Form (Form 1B) with the paper application to NYCSEF.
3. As team leader (Student #1), your email address will be the main contact for all communication regarding the project, including online application, project status updates, and requests for additional application materials.
Ready to Send your Application?
Mail a hard copy of the complete application to NYCSEF at 16 Court Street, 3rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201. Packages must be postmarked 12/16/15 and should include:
a. One copy of the NYCSEF online application Confirmation Form which includes student/project information, the Project Summary/Research Plan and Project Abstract.
b. One copy of the signed NYCSEF required and supplemental forms (where applicable)
c. Two copies of your Research Paper (see page 4 in the Rules & Guidelines).
If you have questions, please contact our office by email at NYCSEF@cuny.edu or phone at 718-254-7252 (Monday through Fridays, 8:30AM to 4PM). Follow us @officialnycsef on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook for updates on application review and fair events.
Welcome back Team NYC!
Congratulations to Team NYC 2015! We had an awesome time at ISEF in Pittsburgh, PA. For information on the 2015 ISEF Finalists, please click on Team NYC ISEF Results .
The Preliminary Round of NYCSEF 2015 took place at The City College of New York in Manhattan on Sunday, March 1st where 457 projects and over 578 high school students presented their research in The Great Hall. Projects scoring in the top 25% in their category advanced to the Finals Round which took place at The American Museum of Natural History on Tuesday, March 24th. The results from the Preliminary Round and information regarding the Finals Round can be found here. For information about the Awards Ceremony and recipients can be found here.
Please visit FAIR INFO for further information about NYCSEF. Contact NYCSEF at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your project or for information regarding the competition.
Upcoming Dates & Deadlines
- 16Dec2015 NYCSEF Project Application Due Date
- 06Mar2016 NYCSEF Preliminary Round @ The City College of New York
- 29Mar2016 NYCSEF Finals Round @ The American Museum of Natural History
- 01Apr2016 NYCSEF Awards Ceremony @ The Gerald W. Lynch Theater, John Jay College
- 08May2016 International Science & Engineering Fair Week in Phoenix, AZ