Volunteer to Judge
We need your help in making the New York City Science and Engineering Fair memorable for some of the brightest high school investigators in the five boroughs. Each year, we receive hundreds of applications from public and private high school students throughout the five boroughs. From this submission pool, approximately 450 projects will display and demonstrate their science and technology projects in a preliminary round of competition, and about 150 at the final round. Approximately 15 projects and about 20 students are selected to represent New York City at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in May.
We need more than 300 volunteer judges (scientists, engineers, teachers, and other professionals) to evaluate the presentation of the exhibits and the scientific or engineering processes (see our general judging guidelines for details). Your time commitment would only be a few hours on either day.
Upcoming Dates & Deadlines
- 14Dec2016 NYCSEF Project Application Due Date
- 05Mar2017 NYCSEF Preliminary Round @ The City College of New York
- 28Mar2017 NYCSEF Finals Round @ The American Museum of Natural History (Tent.)
- 31Mar2017 NYCSEF Awards Ceremony @ The Tribeca Performing Arts Center, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- 14May2017 International Science & Engineering Fair Week May, 14-19 in Los Angeles, CA