Volunteer to Judge
We need your help in making the New York City Science and Engineering Fair memorable for some of the brightest high school investigators in the five boroughs. Each year, we receive hundreds of applications from public and private high school students throughout the five boroughs. From this submission pool, 475 projects will display and demonstrate their science and technology projects in a preliminary round of competition, and about 150 at the final round. Approximately 15 projects and about 20 students are selected to represent New York City at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in May.
We need more than 300 volunteer judges (scientists, engineers, teachers, and other professionals) to evaluate the presentation of the exhibits and the scientific or engineering processes (see our general judging guidelines for details). Your time commitment would only be a few hours on either day.
Upcoming Dates & Deadlines
- 16Dec2015 NYCSEF Project Application Due Date
- 06Mar2016 NYCSEF Preliminary Round @ The City College of New York
- 29Mar2016 NYCSEF Finals Round @ The American Museum of Natural History
- 01Apr2016 NYCSEF Awards Ceremony @ The Kaye Playhouse Theatre-Hunter College
- 08May2016 International Science & Engineering Fair Week in Phoenix, AZ